Monday 1 November 2010

Gig Checklist (or Procrastination is the Thief of Time)

Last week I pre-recorded my first show for UK Jazz Radio.  Should be hitting the airwaves soon - will keep you posted!

I haven't completed all the "homework" for this week though...  When you were at school/college studying, did you ever do that thing where you procrastinated by buying and arranging new files or arranging folders on your computer and changing your desktop or screensaver instead of doing any real work?  Makes you feel as if you're doing something to get organised but in reality not much gets done!  Well, I've had that sort of week...  So I thought I'd post my efforts in creating an excellent gig checklist so that you'll have no excuse when it comes to arranging YOUR gigs/tour! :-D  Feel free to copy and share.

Gig Checklist



Venue


Date


Address


Contact


Marketing contact


Technical contact/
Sound engineer


Capacity


Box office tel/
Ticket price


Fee/Guarantee/Door Split



Payment arrangements


Merchandise sales
(commission?)


Photo & copy deadline/
requirements

Number of flyers/posters


Parking and loading


Local newspaper contacts


Local radio contacts


Soundcheck time/
Doors open


Set times


Piano


Food/Drinks


Accommodation


Travel directions




2 comments:

  1. Hi Juliet,

    just came upon your blogs. Thanks for posting such useful information.

    All the best to you.
    Kind regards
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your feedback, Tracy. I really appreciate it. Really glad you found the information helpful.

    Best wishes

    Juliet

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I really appreciate the feedback. :-)